Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Spent How Much, For WHAT?


Well I am down to the frame, you ask why take it to this extreme? I found two cracks in the frame, two broken welds and 5 cracked welds. Not to mention all frame members are bent, and a axle that has been repaired and probably needs to be replaced for safety.





I finally figured out why the P.O. expansion foamed this area of the floor...to glue it together.




You can see the bumper cut, and welded on top of the old supports. I think I either have to cut off the bumpers all together, or just go with the rack, since they welded  the rack onto the frame with massive angle iron.




Someone gusseted the axle, it kinda scares me and I think I now need to replace the axle as well.

2 comments:

  1. hang in there. There aren't many of your model out there. Optimism and Stick-to-it-ive-ness was my motto and it got me through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, holy Shasta...I would have given up long before. Good thing I already know you didn't.

    ReplyDelete