Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Skinny on the Skin

I got the wall skinned today, 1/8" birch to keep the weight down.  I glued all the frame members to the skins using waterproof glue. I also used a 23ga fine wire stapler to attach the skins at the seams and the bottom. I used the original style twist nails in all other areas. It will look like the original when done.


I picked up a bunch of gimp from our local RV Salvage center, its brand new but so much cheaper than Vintage Trailer Supply. My trip this morning to the Salvage yard turned out to be awesome,in addition to the new gimp, I picked up a chrome stove from the 60's and vintage icebox, tear drop marker lights, and some  Hehr window gasket that VTS doesn't sell.


Yeah I bought all the twist nails from our local Home Depot.


twist nails in place...pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment