Sunday, April 29, 2012

Closing in on Closing it in

I got the wheel wells installed and new birch trimmed around them. I also have the front skirt board in place. 

To Do List:

1) Build New Walls
2) Build New Cabinets, Dinette, Beds
3) Apply Finish to all New Wood Work
4) Finish Rebuilding Windows
5) Install New Walls
6) Install New Cabinets
7) Install New Ceiling, Frame New Roof
8) Install All New Wiring
9) Install All New Plumbing
11) Fabricate New Skin
12) Install New Skin
13) Install New One Piece Roof
14) Paint
15) Install Rebuilt Windows
16) Install New Rims, Tires, and Hub Caps

My to do list is pretty general, each item has many sub-to-do items. 

Friday, April 27, 2012

Bring on the Retro

We finally got and installed our new flooring . A checker board pattern of Armstrong VCT tiles in Bikini Blue and Charcoal.

We also got our new wheel wells, a very good copy of the originals. Fabricated by fellow VSTF (Vintage Shasta Trailer Forum) Member Gremlinguy.

I sprayed them with SEM self etching primer(as shown) Then I top coated them with Chassis Saver (not shown) which is the same paint I used to paint the frame.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

WooHoo! Progress!

This is what I woke up to, a pretty frame almost free of rust. I am impressed with Phosphoric Prep and Etch. Way cheaper than a Soda blaster, although like I said before, don't get it on your skin.

Here are the new wooden frame members, FYI that angle on the front is 30 deg.

Barney has been evicted. In addition to the purple paint on the hubs, there was years of built up grease just painted over. 

New epoxy paint, Celotex and Plywood.

We have a floor,  ready to dance on! (if I danced)